Thursday, May 13, 2010

Catching up on the last few months

Whoa! It's been awhile since I blogged! I have been beyond busy with life, and blogging has definitely been put on the back burner. I'm not even sure where the heck to begin! Lets see...

March: March 15th I started at my new college - ITT Tech. Instead of semesters, I do my schooling in quarters. This quarter I had a science class, english class, and strategies class (which is a really odd class and I'm not sure what the heck the point of it is!). Even though my strategies class is beyond useless, it's my favorite class. The first day I made friends with a few different students and every Monday we have a blast together. My English class is going well, although I don't like all the papers we have to write, I really enjoy my teacher and the way he teaches the class. There are a few students in that class that annoy me. They are always complaining and trash talking the teacher, and I just don't understand why they didn't switch to a different class/teacher. Unlike the traditional community college, at ITT you are able to switch classes and you don't have to deal with "crashing classes" or anything of that matter. As for my science class... phew.. it's a lot of work! I like my teacher so I guess that helps. I don't mind school- but I HATE homework! It seems as though the teachers assume because you are a college student you can handle loads of homework- and it's frustrating because they forgot, or don't take into account, the fact you have a life outside of school. Families, Jobs, Other classes, etc. BUT... there is good news.... only 2.. (yes, TWO!) more weeks of school until I am off for two weeks! HOORAY! My next quarter starts in June. I am looking forward to some time off. I definitely want some R&R time!!

April: Our little Benjamin turned 5. Holy Moly! I still remember his 1st birthday!! He's such an adorable little guy. We are SO excited for him to come out here. Jeremiah & Minda have been trying to officially set the date, and so far it's looking like July 9-26th. Unfortunately Jeremiah can't get that much time off work so we'll have to squeeze in all we want to do in 10 days!
Also in April I celebrated my 23rd birthday, we got to spend time with G&G Eisenberg (We miss them so much!!) and we packed up the house!

May: On May 2nd we moved into our new house! Although we had no intention to move so soon (remember, we just moved in October) we decided it was a MUST to have a backyard! We also "inherited" another dog, and there was no way I could deal with 2 dogs in our townhouse with nothing but a patio! We found a really nice area and then searched for rentals in that housing track. We got SO lucky finding this place! The lady, Laura, had just put the 'for rent' sign up on Saturday, and on Monday we called about it. She said lots of people called about the place, but when she told them the rent amount they said it was to expensive. Shocking considering it's a great price and I have yet to see anything cheaper. It's a 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, nice backyard, 2 car garage, and very large (1750 Sq Ft). As soon as we saw it we knew we wanted it! I think Laura was shocked when we walked went and saw it and told her right then and there (without going home to think it over) that we wanted it! I posted pictures on my facebook. We are almost done getting everything put together, and once the house is complete I will take more pictures and upload them on my facebook. Eventually I will get around to uploading them on here. I'm not sure who's enjoying the backyard more, Jeremiah, Landon, the dogs, or me. LOL. Landon loves being able to go play in the backyard whenever he wants. The dogs enjoy being able to run around and play. Jeremiah enjoys the little bit of yard work and taking pride in his trees, bushes, and plants. He's getting a garden going soon. I, on the other hand, enjoy the backyard because it keeps Landon out of trouble. He's so busy playing outside with his toys and chalk, that he doesn't get in to as much stuff in the house! I also enjoy not having so many dog accident in the house!! The dogs are only allowed in the house at bed time. They go straight upstairs and get on the bed, and in the morning they go straight downstairs and in the backyard. NO ACCIDENTS! :) We are planning on having a family BBQ soon so we can show off our new place to both familes!
Another exciting thing is we bought our first washer and dryer set! We went to lowes and got the samsung front loading washer and dryer. Not only were they on sale.. we also got 10% off (military discount). So after all that.. plus we bought the 4 year warranty for both, and the taxes.. our total was $1360!! I haven't used the W&D yet (they were just delivered and set up this morning) so I can't rate them yet, but just by the appearance and it's features, I really like them!
Well enough rambling. I've got a mountain of homework to tackle, plus I have some errands to run and it's closing in on 4 pm! I better get moving...

1 comment:

  1. about time! geez...well we're excited to come see your new place :)

    ReplyDelete