Monday, September 27, 2010

Mr. Landon Bug

This post is long overdue... and with Landon growing up more and more every day I thought I better make time to write it before I'm blogging about the colleges he's getting accepted to. LOL.

Mr. Landon Bug is growing up so fast! I can't believe in exactly 5 months he will be FOUR. Didn't we just celebrate his 3rd birthday?? The last few days I've been trying to come up with some ideas on what to do for his birthday. So far the only thing I have come up with is a birthday party at our house. Or chuck-E-cheese. I know just saying "chuck-e-cheese" gives some people shivers.. but Landon loves playing there, and to be honest, Jer and I do to. LOL. I'm just not a fan of having parties at public places... that are infested with tons of other kids. So who knows! I would love to pick a theme so I can start looking at decorations, and invite designs, BUT Landon changes his favorite characters more often then he changes undies! haha. Last birthday we picked the theme 'Cars' and by the time his birthday rolled around... he was OVER cars and wanted trains! I was thinking about doing trains or superheros this year... but we will see what he likes when his birthday gets closer.

Enough about his birthday.. moving onto what Landon has been up to lately!

He has been talking so much more lately. He was a very slow talker, and at first I hated it, but now I am glad it took him so long to start talking, because now I can't get him to shut up! haha.
He is currently way into counting. He can count to 4 on his own, then seems to think 7 comes after 4. We are working on getting him to count to 10.. and I don't think it will be long until he can do it. He's like me, picks up things really fast.
He is finally eating more, and still loves his corn dogs! He'll eat a whole corn dog for lunch. He also loves PB&J sandwiches. He'll eat half a sandwich and a few oreos for lunch. He loves french toast... but more then anything he LOVES bacon!! He'll eat about 5 or more pieces of bacon for breakfast if you let him!
Because he is finally starting to eat more, he is starting to gain a few more pounds too. Last month at the dr's he weighed 30 lbs... I think he's around 33 lbs now. He is in 2T-3T clothes... more 3T though. The waist in 3T pants/shorts require a belt, but 3T shirts are perfect.
He loves playing with the dogs... and loves being outside in the sun and dirt. He's all boy.
He's also sooo mechanically smart! He can work the TV and Wii remote like it's nobody's business!! In fact, the other morning he came downstairs, turned on the TV, noticed it wasn't on the right output so he changed the output so he could watch his cartoons! I'm tellin ya... he can work those remotes like it's nobody's business!!
He is also doing so much better at night. We no longer have to lock him in his room until he falls asleep... we keep the door open and only once in awhile does he push his luck and come out over and over again until we have to lock him in.
Also at bed time he is finally in the routine of brushing his teeth.. so if you try to put him in bed without brushing his teeth he will remind you. He LOVES brushing them... but i think what he loves more is afterwards rinsing with the "blue stuff", aka: his mouthwash. It's the kind that shows you any plaque you missed while brushing. Every night he brushes his teeth in his bathroom, then runs to our bathroom for the blue stuff, then shows both Jer and I his clean mouth.. and makes us smell his breath. LOL. It's really cute, and I'm so glad brushing his teeth is no longer a wrestling match!
He is really into watching TV shows. We have netflix streaming through our Wii so he watches all kinds of shows. (Seriously the best $9/mo we spend!) Lately he's been watching Dora, Blues Clues, Thomas the train, Kipper, Callou, and Wonderpets. He runs around the house singing the Wonderpets song... which is quite catchy! He also counts and talks along with Dora since that's an interactive TV show. I've noticed since he started watching all these shows, he's learned a lot of stuff and has a larger vocabulary. He also asks a lot of questions when he doesn't understand something.
I haven't been able to upload a lot of pictures to my computer because I am trying to clean off my hard drive right now, so the most recent pictures i have of my little man are from July. For more up to date ones, check out my facebook.

1 comment:

  1. He's getting so big and is such a handsome little guy! It's amazing how fast they grow up. Last night Ella was telling me her birthday is Dec. 7th and she'll be 3 years old. Made me want to cry and jump for joy all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete