Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Annual Update

As the months go by, I realize more and more that I am not just a bad blogger, but a TERRIBLE blogger. I tend to blame it on my busy schedule of school full time, a wild little boy, keeping a house together, etc... but the truth is, every blogger I know does that stuff to (except for the school part- which can be a time consuming thing). Anyways, no more excuses, I suck at blogging because I just don't care to find the time to. But I do find the time to read everyone else's blogs :)

On to my "annual" update.

Jeremiah: Back in September he got injured at work (it's called IOD- Injured On Duty).. don't worry, an inmate didn't do it, instead he was working out at the gym at work and his knee popped. He's had previous problems with this knee... about 10 years ago he had surgery for the ACL... so this knee has always been faulty, off and on. Apparently that day at the gym it was off. So it popped, and he had to go to the dr's and get it check out. The Dr put him out of work and tried physical therapy for a few weeks. After a month of being off, the Dr said he was good to go back to work. Jer took 2 weeks off to continue to rest his knee and on October 25th, he returned to work. On October 26th, his 2nd day back to work, his knee popped again and he was once again seen by the Dr and put on IOD status again. After LOTS of Dr's appointments, and little change, I finally convinced Jer it was time to find a new Dr! He switched Dr's in January, and at his 1st appointment with the new Dr, the Dr was able to tell him what was wrong with his knee. The Dr told him he wanted to try PT for 4 weeks 3x a week... if that didn't change anything then they would talk about surgery. So 4 weeks past, and at his last PT appt his PTist told him she was recommending him for surgery. So we returned to his Dr's office, and spoke to his Dr about the surgery. It took some time getting the insurance company to approve the surgery, but once they did we got the surgery scheduled. On March 28th he will go in for knee surgery. I am hoping this surgery will help him be able to do more physical things (like running... etc) without his knee giving out. I am so glad he finally found a good Dr who took his complaints seriously. It's ridiculous that he was out of work from Sept-Jan before a Dr finally found the problem, but I'm just glad someone finally did!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as things with me go... I can't say very much has changed. I'm still going to school FT at ITT. I love it there. I am doing great in all my classes, and I currently have a 4.0 GPA. My teachers all love me, and recommend me becoming an RN because they think I have the right personality for that. I am really considering it. I want to be an RN for L&D. I graduate from my current program March 2012.. and then my GI benefits (which pay for my tuition, fees, books, etc.. in full) will be up.. so I've got to find a good, affordable, RN program.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Landon Bug is getting so big! He has such a personality now and never ceases to amaze me!! He can work the computer like it's nobody's business! He can also work our Wii like a champ! On February 28th he turn FOUR. *gasp* I can't believe my baby is so big already!! Even more shocking is the fact he'll be starting school next year! Time sure does fly by-- too fast! He's completely potty trained, he has been since October last year. He was definitely very stubborn about it.. and had to do it all on his own time. He loves puzzles, and can put them together very fast! He also loves building things, or taking things apart then putting them back together. He's very smart and knows things that I don't know where he learned it from! He loves playing with his trains, his dogs, and his game boy. He is finally less of a trouble maker, and very independent! If he wants a bowl of cereal, he can get it himself, with making little to no mess. And the one things we've found out recently about Bug, HE'S DEATHLY AFRAID OF THE DARK! LOL. He is so scared with the lights off.. it's crazy. He refuses to sleep with the lights off, or even go down stairs if the lights are all off. Landon bug is my little man.. and is past the baby stage, the terrible two stage, the tantrum three stage, and on to the FUN FOURS! :) I love it, it's fun having a little person, but I do miss him being a baby. But just like the book I read Landon yesterday, "If I could keep you little, I'd keep you close to me. But then I'd miss you growing, into who you're meant to be!"

No comments:

Post a Comment